May 20, 2020
Green Lake County Closing Notice
GREEN LAKE COUNTY CLOSING NOTICE
Green Lake County Board Chair by Proclamation has declared a state of Emergency in the County as of May 12, 2020. The Green Lake County, WI COVID-19 Plan, Directive #4, states in part,
• BUILDING/OFFICE CLOSURES: Effective May 26, 2020 all County buildings shall continue to be closed to the public with the following exceptions: In the Green Lake County Government Center the Constitutional offices of the County Clerk, County Treasurer and Register of Deeds shall be open to the public. Effective June 1, 2020 the Land Use, Planning and Zoning Office shall be open to the public. Effective June 4, 2020 the Land Conservation Office shall be open to the public. Effective June 8, 2020 the Veteran Services Office shall be open to the public. Please continue to use the drop box in the lobby or utilize online services to avoid the necessity of having to enter the building. The Government Center will be open when required while court is in session.
• CIRCUIT COURT: The Government Center will be open when required while court is in session. The Court may issue orders on how cases will be handled and cases may be adjourned day to day. Please check regularly with the Green Lake County Clerk of Circuit Court’s webpage.
• CLERK OF CIRCUIT COURT’S/REGISTER IN PROBATE OFFICES: The Clerk of Circuit Court’s/Register in Probate Offices: Both offices are currently open. However, you may still utilize the drop box, located in the lobby of the Government Center, if you choose. For any questions, please contact the Clerk of Court at 920-294-4142 or Probate at 920-294-4044.
• CONTACT THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY OFFICE AT 920-294-4046 FOR ITS AVAILABILITY TO THE PUBLIC.
• HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES: Please schedule an appointment with the department for time- sensitive, critical or emergency services only.
o Visitors with an appointment will be escorted by a county staff person to and from the appointment.
o Appointments should be limited to only those individuals necessary to transact business.
o Health and Human Services staff shall continue to rotate and stagger staff hours in a combination of onsite and telecommuting practices to protect staff from possible cross-contamination with COVID protecting the viability of the essential services provided by the department.
• COVID-19 PROTECTIVE MEASURES: For the safety and well-being of Green Lake County staff and the public:
•When the public or staff enter the Green Lake Government Center, the following measures must be followed:
o Each individual must participate in health screening protocols prior to entering the building and proceeding through security.
o Unless mandatory, children under the age of 16 will not be allowed to enter the building.
o Everyone must wear a mask when entering the building and moving about common areas (hallways, waiting rooms, conference rooms, public rest rooms, courts, common office areas, etc.) and while visiting offices, attending a meeting, gathering or court hearing (exceptions will be made for members of the public who may have a health condition that may not allow for a mask).
o Anyone who refuses to participate in health screening protocols or wear a mask will not be allowed to enter the premises.
o Anyone who fails the health screening will not be allowed to enter the premises, and will be asked to return after being at least 24 hours symptom free.
o Anyone who is entering the building to attend court proceedings and fail the health screening will only be allowed to enter the building conditionally if approved by the designated judicial officer.
• COUNTY MEETING ROOMS: County meeting rooms will not be available for the use of outside groups to conduct meetings. All public meetings of the County Board and Committees will remain open to the public and we ask that you practice social distancing if attending. Refer to meeting agendas for instructions on how to participate in public meetings that may be held virtually or by phone.