CORRECTIONS OFFICER (FEMALE, PART -TIME)
Green Lake County has a vacancy for a part-time Corrections Officer (Female) within the Green Lake County Sheriff’s Office, with hourly starting pay ranging from $22.96 to $26.09. Under the general supervision of the Corrections Administrator, it is the responsibility of the Corrections Officer (Female) to maintain and oversee the operations of the correctional facility, working a schedule in accordance with the needs of the Sheriff’s Office.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of a Corrections Officer:
- Book and release inmates, ensuring adherence to appropriate paperwork.
- Perform security checks on inmates, as required by policy; log checks; refer inmates for medical situations.
- Maintain jail log and jail records; perform required data entry.
- Regulate visitation; regulate other activities for inmates.
- Monitor activity of Huber inmates, perform check-ins and check-outs, and verify continuing Huber status.
- Serve meals; remove meal trays.
Successful candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent (post high school education is preferred), a valid driver’s license, and experience and/or training working in civil or military law enforcement which provides the necessary skills, abilities and knowledge. Visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20. Must obtain CPR, AED, TIME System, and Corrections Officer Certification within one year of hire. Click the “More Information” link above for a full job description.