Green Lake County has two vacancies for a full-time Communications Officers with Sheriff’s Office, with hourly starting pay ranging from $22.95 to $26.09.
Under the supervision of the Communications Sergeants, it is the responsibility of a Communications Officer to respond to incoming and outgoing emergency and non-emergency calls and ensure that every call receives proper response and proper priority in relation to current and ongoing activities of the communication center, working a schedule in accordance with the needs of the Sheriff’s Office.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities of the Communications Officer:
- Answer 911 emergency calls, dispatch appropriate police, fire, medical, or other emergency units; answer non-emergency calls, and provide information.
- Log and maintain radio and telephone communications.
- Operate and maintain telecommunications system with mobile patrols and other agencies, keep track of squads’ out-of-service and in-service calls, and other required radio transactions.
- Attend to status of each Sheriff’s Office, police department, fire department and emergency medical service on-duty vehicles; page and dispatch emergency personnel; enter calls for service and assign officers to cases.
- Maintain warrant, missing persons, and stolen property files; perform data entry; operate TIME system to enter and obtain driver information, vehicle registration, warrants, etc., and provide information to officers.
THIS POSITION WORKS 12 HOUR SHIFTS FROM 6:00 PM TO 6:00 AM. THIS IS A NIGHT-SHIFT POSITION AND WILL INCLUDE SOME WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY HOURS.
Successful candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent (post high school education is preferred), a current valid driver’s license, and experience and/or training working in civil or military law enforcement which provides the necessary skills, abilities, and knowledge. Visual acuity must be correctable to 20/20. Must obtain CPR, AED, and Advanced TIME System certification within one year of hire. Satisfactory results from a physical exam, background check, including a psychological examination, and drug screen are required. Click the “More Information” link for a full job description.
Applications must be submitted online and can be done so by clicking “here”.
Applications will be accepted until February 17th, 2020 at 8:00 AM, or until the position is filled.
Please contact Human Resources Coordinator, Nicole Geschke via email (email@example.com) or by phone (920-294-4166) if you have any questions.
Along with submitting an application, you will be required to complete a in-person Personality, Morals, and Ethics Assessment. You will also be required to fill out a brief Pre-Questionnaire (online) and Background Check Disclosure Packet (e-template via online). Upon submitting your application, you will be contacted via email to schedule your assessment and receive the mentioned paperwork.
If you are selected to move forward in the hiring process, after completing the Pre-Questionnaire, preliminary background check, and Personality, Morals, and Ethics Assessment, you will move onto the in-person interviews.