The County Treasurer’s office is responsible for the cash management process in the County. This includes collecting and receipting of all County money. This office coordinates the tax bill process and the collection of the property taxes. First installments of taxes are collected for the Town of Brooklyn, Town of Kingston, Town of Mackford, Town of Marquette, Town of St Marie, Village of Marquette and the City of Green Lake. Green Lake County collects the second installments for all municipalities.
The mission of the County Treasurer’s office is to provide efficient courteous service and maintain accurate records, while upholding the fiduciary and statutory responsibilities required of the office.
Responsibilities of the County Treasurer:
- Manage County funds by receipting and accounting for the money received from taxpayers, departments and government agencies. Disburse monies due employees, vendors, taxing jurisdictions and taxpayers.
- Invest County funds not immediately needed to ensure safety, liquidity and return, while following guidelines set by County Board, State Statutes, and County Investment Policy.
- Administer Property Tax Laws and Collect Property Taxes as outlined in the Wisconsin Statutes.
- Maintain Tax Billing and Collection History Records for archives and public inspection per open records law.
Real Property Lister
The main duties of the office of the Real Property Lister are to prepare and maintain accurate ownership and description information for all parcels in the county.
- Parcels numbers.
- Owner’s name and accurate legal description as shown on the latest records in the office of the Register of Deeds.
- Owner’s mailing address.
- Number of acres in the parcel if it contains more than one acre.
- Schools district and special purpose district codes.
- The Real Property Lister provides information on parcels of real property in the county for the use of the taxation district assessors, city, village and town clerks and treasurers and county offices and any other persons requiring that information.
The 2020 Green Lake County Plat Book is available at the County Treasurer’s Office. The price is $31.65 (inc tax) if picked up at the Treasurer’s office and $34.15 if mailed.