The mission of the County treasurerís office is to provide efficient courteous service and maintain accurate records, while upholding the fiduciary and statutory responsibilities required of the office.
Responsibilities of the County Treasurer:
- Manage County Funds by receipting and accounting for the money received from taxpayers, departments and government agencies. Disburse monies due employees, vendors, taxing jurisdictions and taxpayers.
- Invest County Funds not immediately needed to ensure safety, liquidity, and return, while following guidelines set by County Board, State Statutes, and County Investment Policy.
- Administer Property Tax Laws and Collect Property Taxes as outlined in the Wisconsin Statutes.
- Maintain Tax Billing and Collection History Records for archives and public inspection per open records law.
- Parcels numbers.
- Owner’s name and accurate legal description as shown on the latest records in the office of the Register of Deeds.
- Owner’s mailing address.
- Number of acres in the parcel if it contains more than one acre.
- Schools district and special purpose district codes.
The Real Property Lister provides information on parcels of real property in the county for the use of the taxation district assessors, city, village and town clerks and treasurers and county offices and any other persons requiring that information.